Through the study of Religious, Moral and Philosophical Studies, it is hoped to develop and enhance pupils
- knowledge and understanding of the beliefs and practices of religious and secular groups in the UK and around the world.
- ability to plan and conduct independent research, and develop investigative skills.
- critical thinking skills and ability for philosophical inquiry.
- own sense of morality and personal values.
In addition, through the use of differentiated approaches to learning and a variety of teaching methods, pupils are encouraged to:
- work effectively alone and within groups.
- motivate themselves and take leadership in their own learning.
- use resources confidently.
- show respect for each other and their teacher.
- persevere in the face of difficulties and problem solve
- become effective contributors to the school community and wider society.