As a parent you have the right to ask for your child(ren) to be educated in a school other than the local school. This request is called a placing request.

If you wish to make a placing request for your child to more than one school, the authority will only consider the first-named school. This duty is defined by the Education (Scotland) Act.

There are sound educational reasons for trying to ensure that the transfer or admission of children to a new school takes place at the start of the school session. We strongly advises all parents who are considering making a request (other than those who are moving home to a new area) to do this.

Every effort will be made to try and meet parental wishes but it is not always possible to grant every placing request made to a particular school.

How to Make a Placing Request

If you wish to make a placing request you must complete a placing request application form. These forms are available from any East Dunbartonshire school, from the Community Directorate (Education Office), Southbank House, Southbank Way, Kirkintilloch, G66 1XQ (Tel 0141 578 8722) or by applying directly on East Dunbartonshire Council's website.